featuring Berry Mature | Adapted from Martha Stewart Living
Imagine a marriage of the best parts of an ice cream cake and a trifle. You can suspend your imagination because we've done it for you! Enjoy this heavenly layered confection with sheets of cake, jam, and sorbets. And it's easy to jazz up even further with whipped cream and fresh fruit!
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes + time for freezing
Yield: 12 servings
• Frozen Sara Lee pound cake
• 1cup Berry Mature jam
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
• 1 pint raspberry sorbet
• 1 pint peach sorbet
1. Carefully remove the frozen pound cake from its loaf pan, saving tinfoil pan as mold for the ice cream cake.
2. Cut the pound cake into thirds. Only the top and bottom thirds will be used; save middle for another use (e.g., berry shortcake base)
3. Line the empty loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place the bottom piece of cake back into the loaf pan. Spread Berry Mature over top. Spread vanilla ice cream over jam. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. (Please see Note below)
4. Spread raspberry sorbet over ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
5. Spread peach sorbet over raspberry layer; top with remaining piece of cake.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze overnight.
7. Remove plastic from top of cake, and turn out cake onto a cutting board; unwrap, and trim edges.
8. Cover again and keep frozen until ready to serve.
Note: before layering the ice cream and sorbets, beat each (separately) with a mixer until softened. They will be easier to spread