Adapted from Martha Stewart Living
Imagine a marriage of the best parts of an ice cream cake and a trifle. You can suspend your imagination because we've done it for you! Enjoy this heavenly layered confection with sheets of cake, jam, and sorbets. And it's easy to jazz up even further with whipped cream and fresh fruit!
Active Time: 1 hour,
Total Time: 1 day,
Yield: 12 servings
Before layering the ice cream and sorbets, beat each (separately) with a mixer until softened. They will be easier to spread
• Vanilla cake baked in half-sheet pan*
• 1c. Berry Mature jam
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
• 1 pint raspberry sorbet
• 1 pint peach sorbet
1. Using bottom of 9 X 5 inch loaf pan as guide, cut out a piece of the cake to fit inside bottom of pan. Using top of 9 X 5 inch loaf pan as guide, cut a second piece of the cake to fit the top at the end of the layering below.
2. Line a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place the first piece of cake on the bottom of the loaf pan. Spread jam over top. Spread vanilla ice cream over jam. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Spread raspberry sorbet over ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
4. Spread peach sorbet over raspberry layer; top with remaining piece of cake.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze overnight.
6. Remove plastic from top of cake, and turn out cake onto a cutting board; unwrap, and trim edges.
7. Cover again and keep frozen until ready to serve.
* We use pound cake mix, MS used angel food. Either is baked in a half sheet pan to create the top and bottom layers of the ice cream cake.