featuring Can You Fig It | Adapted from Food Network Magazine
If you've got a house full of cookie monsters, we've got the recipe for you. We use brown butter in our dough to infuse a lush nutty backdrop -- a perfect complement to a sweet and salty harmony using Can You Fig It.
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes, including chilling time
Yield: 6 servings
- 12 T unsalted butter
- 1 ½ c. all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1/3 c. powdered sugar
- ½ t. salt
- ¾ c. Can You Fig It
- Crème fraiche, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat until it browns and smells nutty; then let cool.
- Stir in the flour, both sugars, and the salt with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of water, as needed, to help the dough clump together.
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead three or four times, or just until the dough comes together
- Scoop ¼ c dough into each of the six nonstick muffin pan cups. Press the dough down in the middle and slightly up along the sides to make a cup shape.
- Chill until firm, about 30 minutes,
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of Can You Fig It in the center of each tartlet.
- Bake until golden, 35-40 minutes
- Cool slightly and then remove from the pan. Serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.