featuring Plum and Get It | Adapted from Marcia Kiesel, Food & Wine
Smack your lips with this summer favorite: a silky smooth chocolate torte paired with walnuts and our Plum and Get It. The vibrance of the stone fruit complements the richness of the chocolate with a refreshing bite that will melt in your mouth without weighing down your palate.
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 T heavy cream
- 3 T plum or other brandy
- 1 T agave syrup
- 5 1/2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup Plum and Get It
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 8-inch-diameter cake pan with 2-inch-high sides. Line bottom with parchment; butter paper. Dust pan with flour.
- Set chocolate and butter in microwave-proof bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, mixing until melted and smooth.
- Mix in sugar. Mix in eggs 1 at a time. Add flour, then walnuts and stir to combine.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan. Bake just until springy to touch, about 45 minutes.
- Cool cake in pan on rack 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack, remove paper and cool completely.
- Place chocolate, heavy cream, brandy and agave syrup in microwave-proof bowl and microwave 1 minute on high. Whisk until melted and smooth.
- Let glaze stand until cool but still pourable, whisking occasionally.
- Place cake on serving platter. Slide waxed paper under edges. Spread Plum and Get It over top.
- Pour chocolate glaze over top of jam and sides of cake. Smooth top and sides with spatula. If desired, decorate sides of cake with chopped walnuts
- Let stand until glaze sets. Torte can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.