featuring To Peach His Own | Adapted from Add A Pinch
Peach Cobbler just went mobile. We've taken To Peach His Own and sandwiched it between a shortbread bottom and a crumbly topping to create bite-sized treats that pack all the punch of a delicious composed dessert right into a square.
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes, plus cooling time
Yield: 16 squares
3/4 butter, softened
Scant ½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups all-purpose flour
6 T powdered sugar:
3/4 c To Peach His Own
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons butter
¼ cup quick-cooking oats
¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Mix together butter, flour, and confectioner’s sugar. Press into the bottom of buttered 8 X 8-inch baking pan
- Bake for approximately 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool completely before next step.
- Spread To Peach His Own evenly all over the cooled crust.
- Combine flour, sugar, and butter in a medium bowl with a pastry blender or fork. Stir in oats, walnuts and salt.
- Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over jam filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting