Adapted from Lucy Vaserfirer, Fine Cooking
Grilled Baby Back Ribs with Asian Marinade featuring Plum and Get It
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hr 30 min
Yield: 4 servings
• 1/4 cup Plum and Get It jam
• 3 Tbs. hoisin sauce
• 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
• 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
• 2 Tbs. soy sauce
• 1 Tbs. oyster sauce
• 1 Tbs. sriracha sauce
• 2 Tbs. sliced scallions
• 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/8 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
• 2 racks pork baby back ribs (2 to 2-1/2 lb. each)
1. Mix the Plum and Get It jam, hoisin sauce, oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, scallions, ginger, garlic, and five-spice in a bowl and split mixture between two 1-gallon zip-top bag.
2. Cut each rib rack in half and add 1 rack (2 halves) to the marinade in each of the zip-top bags; turn to coat. Seal the bags, letting out all the air. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Set the bags aside at room temperature for about half an hour. Remove the ribs from the marinade and place them on the grill, meaty side up.
Grill the ribs, covered, over indirect medium-low heat until fork-tender, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
The meat will have noticeably shrunk away from the ends of the bones when it is done.
Tent the ribs with foil and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving and serving.