Our white nectarine jam, Rose to the Grindstone, makes a wonderful glaze for Cornish hens, with sherry vinegar and white wine providing an added tang. As the glaze reduces the flavors intensify creating a sweet + savory combination you won’t be able to put down.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Cornish game hens, split lengthwise
- ½ cup Rose to the Grindstone
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place the halved hens breast side down on a baking sheet lined with foil and season with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl combined Rose to the Grindstone, sherry vinegar, soy sauce, and white wine.
- Coat the hens with the glaze mixture using a basting brush.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Flip hens over and coat the other side with glaze mixture.
- Return hens to over and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.