Can You Fig It Friands
featuring Can You Fig It | Adapted from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅔ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 6 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ cup Can You Fig It
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Generously butter a 12-hole friand or muffin tin, then dust with a little flour, shaking out excess.
- Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl; then stir in the almond meal.
- Place egg whites in a small bowl with salt and lightly froth with a fork, then add to the flour mixture with the melted butter and orange zest, stirring to combine.
- Divide batter among friend/muffin holes, filling to a little more than half full.
- Place two level teaspoons of Can You Fig It on the top of the batter and, using a cake tester or small knife, gently swirl in the jam.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top, if desired
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.